Thursday, February 21, 2013

One Month

To my sweet Ivan,

Right now I've got you all cuddled up, asleep on my shoulder. I want to take a minute to write you a little note so you know how special you are! 

Ivan, we are so happy and lucky to have your sweet spirit in our little family. The day you were born was a joyous day. I couldn't believe how cute and perfect you were. We were so excited to FINALLY meet our Ivan. You had a lot of family -- grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins -- who were also SO excited to hear about your arrival in this world. You even got to meet your grandparents (Jukie and Bapa) minutes after you were born, even though they are all the way across the world in Russia! 

When you were just two days old, Daddy and I had to leave the hospital, but you were a little sick and had to stay a bit longer so you could get better. One of the hardest things I've ever done was go home without you that day. We visited you in the hospital as much as we could and five days later you finally got to come home!

Ivan you are such a happy and pleasant baby. You really don't cry much. I love moments when I find you just laying there, bright-eyed, taking everything in. You absolutely love your Daddy - if Mama can't make you happy, your Daddy usually can!

We are amazed by how strong your little muscles are! Ever since you were born you have been able to hold your head up. When you were just three weeks old, you were enjoying tummy time, and all of a sudden rolled over onto your back! You definitely surprised your Mama! Since then, you have rolled over at least several more times. You have a shirt that says "Big muscles run in my family"... it looks like it's true! I'm sure you'll be using your strong muscles to work hard someday, just like your Daddy.

Ivan, I have loved watching you grow and learn this past month or so and I can't wait to grow and learn with you more. I just hope you don't grow up too fast! I love you so much, sweet boy!

Love,  

Your Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment